Monday 27 September 2010

The next Nobel?

I was thinking during the week-end, following a discussion about a former laureate, who will be the next Nobel prize winner in literature? It is one of the categories I am always interested in. For the rest, I am not highly qualify to judge and utter too many opinions. Another one, the "Peace", I am convinced it is mostly politicized and don't have too many expectations. But literature...

And basically, I was thinking, what if...it will be Amos Oz? Because it is about politics here too, even the quality of the works are going far beyond the temporary divisions.

I love Oz's writings, from the children stories to the love novels. And the poetry. The contact was mostly mediated by translations, with the exception of some poetries accompanied with the English version, but still was able to fully feel the force of his words. As in the case of David Grossman, another favorite of mine, I was often disaponted by the incongruence of the political statements. Too late, too contextual, too stereotypical and biased for not being disappointed enough. Because I was expecting more intellectual strength and coherence, and the force to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. A force that I was always rely on in their writings.

Wait and see.

No comments: