Monday 4 October 2010

Eat and go...finding another book

Usually, I avoid reading books everybody is talking about. A bit of time after, I am interested to read them because trying to read the mentalities across the waves of popularity: why were these books so famous ? What kind of answers are tempting to offer? What is the public waiting for?

In the case of Eat, Pray, Love, I was in a kind of rush and started to read while the movie was already on the screens. My verdict: a lame mixture of second-hand advices for women over 30, offering cheap solutions. Chicklit, maybe, but I can heartly recomend a book from the "Shopaholic" series, simply because talking about something. While here...nice trips looking for "the truth". It asked what part I liked, it will be for sure the "Eating" part, while Liz, in Italy, is discovering the Italian food, while practising her Italian and discovering the country. The worse: the paramedic experience in Indonesia. The seriosity of looking for her own way, at more than 30, forbid any open smile and humour, more than necessary in many of the situations presented: again, the episode of "Love" is offering plenty of reasons, apparently ignored, because Love beats it all.

Back to my serious books.

No comments: