Tuesday 1 October 2013

Post-hagim blues and plans for the new year

Every time the end of September is a time of re-adaptation and effort to get back on a kind of normal track. The time between Rosh Hashana and Simcha Torah is full of spiritual developments, new cooking and a lot of introspection. Returning back to a certain 'normality' is not always a welcomed development and it is not easy to change the daily life pace. 
I ended the last year on a very tired yet optimistic note, with a lot of projects in the air, but nothing clear to talk about. Without panic or hurry, I continued with my other daily tasks, trying to find the right moment and inspiration to move forward with more quality and coherent projects, at least for the next months.
Somehow, my travels helped me to find the words to describe what I will start doing soon on the blog:

- I will continue to focus on book reviews on Jewish topics - literature, history, specifically. Over the last months, a lot of notes were accumulated and I should start catching up with past readings till I still have the ideas fresh in my mind.

- Fighting the lack of action on the blog, I try to force myself to be around at least once the week. This occasion will be a little bit of discussion about the weekly parasha, with some personal insights and observations. 

- Another big project that I would love iy''H to put into words soon is about 'Jewish Heritage'. The world is full of traces of Jewish history and every fragment matters. As soon as I can, I will try to bring back histories with pictures and various local insights.

- As usually, politics will be addressed only if the events are so important that cannot be neglected. 

This is all for now! A lot of work ahead that will help me to get rid of the post-hagim blues.

No comments: