Friday 8 March 2019

'Occupation'...

Although I often have to read observations and opinions and points of view that are simplistic and ideologically biased, I keep myself as safe as possible from directly having to hear or discuss them directly with people from my very inner circle. I have friends sharing different opinions and views on the world, including regarding Israel and the Jewish life in general, but they are smart enough to avoid provocations and their intellectual sophistication also suppose that they are able to go beyond ideological narrows, including their own, to find interesting topics to approach.
Approaching an issue in a way that goes beyond a conflict that does not lead anyway is part of a creative and intelligent way to look for solutions and individuals with an open mindset that can work together besides their relative different views of the world - and this applies also to the much discussed 'Israeli-Palestinian conflict'. 
Where else can I get a direct shot of the BDS and other related discussion than while having a chat with a potential academic 'date'. I know that I am overachiever in the (wrong) dating chapter, but dear Gd, what wrongs I ever did to have to read things about 'an occupation armed to the teeth and guns and tanks vs stone throwing kids' and stories about 'people who are under a brutal occupation' as part of a supposely flirting dialogue? Does it help such a discussion to move things - not only romantically, by doing nothing else than circling in rounds and rounds of comfortable layers of self-confirmation of the same 'truth' over and over again? Especially when it is uttered by people that do not have any contact with the land and what is going on there, and are comfortably repeating common loci accepted in such academic milieux because it's always fancy to reiterate the 'Orientalist' discourse? 
As I said before, I prefer people thinking with their own brain, ready to do something than share their rusted discourse to anyone they might assume is 'intellectually advanced enough' to gulp such boring nonsense. I am so advanced that such a dating line bores me to tears and before swiping left I am happy to know already that intellectuals aren't so special moral independent thinking people anyway.
Did I already say that dating is so not for me...Including 'academic dating' it seems...

No comments: