Monday 17 August 2009

The problems of jazz

I must confess: I never imagined that jazz could ever have a problem or it needs to be "saved". I knew it is about an industry as well, but considered it is completely irrelevant to waste my time with.
But I am not an addict: I can resist without listening jazz for months, maybe, but when I want to, I know which concert, festival or CD to choose.
I don't know how many people are listening the same music - from soft to very complicate and ermetic jazz - but I will always look with curiosity about new pieces, new artists, new ways to use creativity. Oh, and I discovered why I don't worry too much about the danger of a disappearing art - "culture" could fit better the whole idea: the creativity don't have limits and so the art of jazz.

No comments: