Sunday 2 January 2011

The Schakal

I avoided for a long time to see the movie about the terrorist Carlos. At any price, I didn't want to give any single cent for going into the theatre for such shame. I had the occasion to see it with some friends, the "short" 3-hour version - the longer is 5, but I thought it is already enough.
The image of the "guy": A rebel "Che Guevara" of terrorism, facing big bosses of crime in the Middle East, being joined by a bunch of "rebels without a cause" from all over the Cold War world. Without mercy with its enemies and impatiently changing women whose revolutionary role he cannot trust. A narcissist enjoying good food, drinks and to admire his body naked in the mirror of the expensive hotel rooms where he prepared his attacks. Traded by those who hosted him, for cheap "geostrategical reasons". It's the apology of his normality, the normality of nothing more than a paid killer. And this is why I disliked it, as much as I dislike the T-shirts with Che Guevara.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: