Tuesday 30 August 2011

Thoughts before Elul

blowing the shofar (by Alphonse Lévy)Image via Wikipedia//Time to think about the past and the future
Tonight we are entering the last month of the Jewish year, Elul, a month of evaluation, consideration, teshuva but also joy.

Life is always with ups and downs, tears and smiles. Happiness and unhappiness aren't permanent status and we are lucky enough to be able to alternate and becoming wise enough to find the proper solutions for sometimes difficult problems.

Recently, I was faced with a complicate situation: I found out that somebody very close to my heart did something wrong and I went extremely angry - without being disappointed. Crying and making a scene are not a solution but on the spot I didn't see any other easy possibilities for overcoming this difficult situation without a direct effect on me. Fortunately enough, I was alone without the possibility to contact the person for the next hours. I decided to make a big mug of coffee, watch a movie (a bit strange, but dark enough to annihilate my dark thoughts), think about the lunch, go to the library to pick up new books. I got some fresh air, saw different persons and the tension was decreasing.

This change of ambiance helped me to take a decision: I should tell the person that I know about the whole incident because I need to prevent a repetition. I have to create a very relaxed and neutral narrative, outlining the hilarious aspects - not lecturing but making a terrible fun of the attitude, actors and other aspects. I am talking about a person with a simple sense of humour for whom my opinion matters a lot and who will never do something to hurt me. With a smiling face and a sweet voice, we had a wonderful and relaxed dialogue about human mistakes without openly recognizing the mistakes or accusing each other - one persons knows too much, the other is too naive. The whole setting worked admirably, although at the end of the experiment I was feeling extremely exhausted psychically because of the pressure of finding the best diplomatic solution without creating tensions or conflict.

And this could be a good beginning for thinking about life, relationships and human appreciation.

Chodesh tov!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: