Saturday 8 May 2010

Accidents of style

I never been too much attracted to write literature or literary alike texts. I always read literature and in fact I spent the most part time of my intellectual life reading literature and thinking about literature.

But, I always appreciated the wit and the precision of the journalistic texts - not too much unnecessary words, concision, try to transmit the information in an efficient way. And the waste majority of my writings by now are exclusively dedicated to facts and figures, in general easy to quantify facts.

As it is usually happening in life, the plans could be reversed and the agenda changed. After being for such a long time a passionate reader of literature, it is about time to try writing myself something similar. Not too many pretention to acquire an easy and successful result. And do not think now that the immediate results matter too much. What I need is to polish my perseverance in the discipline of writing.

The amazingly interesting process of contributing to the 48 Hour Magazine last night made me aware of a potential I need to explore more. The potential of organizing words, polishing ideas and trying to transmit something to potential readers. It took me a long way to remember this, but at the end it is important to be ready to face your own self discoveries.

Sometimes I am trying to find an answer at this eagerness to share various experiences with the others. Why I cannot simply limit myself to read what other people think?

No comments: