Saturday 1 May 2010

Laziness

I always loved to write. I never figured out myself doing anything else for life. Even when tried to imagine some worse-case scenario jobs, I encouraged to continue thinking about because an inspiration for writing. All the other activities from my life I've done were, again, a source of inspiration for writing. And, in fact, many of them already turned into various subjects for books or articles.

More or less it was a spontaneous process of me communicating fully with the world through written words.

The breakdown intervened when I started to think about writing. To get stuck into the style handbooks, and the amazing number of platforms about writing, and the enormous advices about how to write. Because wanted to improve and be the best - even I knew for a long time that you cannot be the best as a writer, only to aim to count among the best - I worked hard to identify bibliographical sources and to start conversations about "inner voices", dialogues, but also about "markets", "promotion plans". The motivation behind all these efforts - who reduced my writing time to, maybe, maximum two hours per week, was to rebrand my writing and reorient and reprofessionalize my skills. But I was so sad and felt alienated because away of my words. I mean, the words I was organizing, reorganizing, putting in various shapes. Me and nobody else.

But now I am back on the track, full of ideas and eager to write every day more than one hour and think about the auxiliar publishing concerns - maybe - one hour the week.

No comments: