Thursday 6 May 2010

Writing free

For a long long time already, I associate writing with freedom. When you breath deep, you need space and freedom. When I want to write, I need to do it because I feel it to, not because I shall to. A matter of linguistic, semantics and a bit of psychoanalisis probably.
The consequence of this rebel way of writing is that every time I need to respect a deadline in order to deliver a writing product - it is how I call this kind of activity done under the time pressure - I am subconsciously missing the deadlines. I know what I want to write and, also, when and for how long and how much time do I need to polish my words. And, though I refuse any kind of time management, business-of-writing type of behavior.
And, I am always late with the deadlines. But not late enough to do not get the chance of being publishable.

No comments: