Saturday 8 October 2011

Post-Yom Kippur

blowing the shofar (by Alphonse Lévy)Image via Wikipedia//Blowing the shofar marks the end of the Yom Kippur
The last 26 hours were extremely inspiring and interesting, a clear delimitation between the time dedicated to spiritual development to the time dedicated to the daily mundane activities. By definition, I designate all my daily activities as spiritual but, inevitably this is always some small connection to the body - the food or the unknown number of coffee I am drinking daily. This time, the Shabbat on Yom Kippur, it was completely different. I spent a lot of time at the shul fighting a confusing headache - I always thought about finding a remedy to my dependence on coffeine - sleeping one-two hours in between and thinking a lot about the next year and our personal and family resolutions.

As usual, there are many books to be read, classes to be attended and trips, lots to learn about Judaism and interesting people to find. For each member of my family, including myself, the last year was extremely challenging and complicated. I wish the new year to be a continuation of some good path that we, as a family, are following for a couple of months already. We are not sure where we'll be in the next months, but we are sure that all of us we'll be together, united and helping and reconforting each other. This positive energy was the main achievements of the Yom Kippur and we are grateful for the last 26 hours of joy and happiness.

Time now for a good sleep a day of break - and a nice family breakfast tomorrow. Sukkot is next - and we should start a lot of preparations!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: