Saturday 1 October 2011

A few things in my mind after the long holiday

The holiday was wanderful and the yom really tov: lots of good food - including mine - new and old friends, continous personal discoveries, good books and a couple of personal and professional resolutions (I still can't discern the difference between the two).

After so many quiet and highly spiritual days, it's very hard to return back on track - facing the flow of e-mails, for example) but I should be ready for another experience soon, as the Sukkot is also starting on a Wednesday.

Now, Tzom Gedalia started, I woke up later than expected so no time to eat early in the morning and I wish to spent my whole day writing, finishing some books and doing some professional schmoozing.

Before that, let's start this writing year with a couple of observations (tried to avoid as much as possible lashon hara of any kind).

- Definitely, it should be found a solution for blocking the use of cell phones in the shul. It should be blocked somehow, otherwise I am getting crazy.

- Nothing compares with the men's voices singing. Listening the ascending tremolo of the voices drives you far away in the sunny sky.

- After three days and a little half of disconnection with the outer world, it was very hard to accept that I am out of the paradise. From the linguistic point of view, I had some blank seconds where I was unable to switch automatically to the language used. Overall, I spoke at least five languages and listen to six. Anyway, I still feel like linguistically jet-lagged...

- We have wonderful prayers, and knowing how to pronounce the words and their meanings adds a lot of deep understanding of who we are. A very significant part of me can't wait the next yom tov - I don't have to wait too long and meanwhile I should organize my time as efficient as possible (sometimes we need to make some money, at least for the nice dresses and the good food and the present for the lovely people of our lives).

Back on the track and wishing again to my readers Shana Tova!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: